Around these parts (Jimmy Brings HQ), we love a Spritz. In fact, the Spritz is such an important part of summer at JB, we’ll go ahead and call it a part of our brand DNA (on the weekends at least).
Enter Aperol. This tangerine-hued liquid with simmering herbal notes and a little bitterness was concocted way back in 1919. Brothers Luigi and Silvio Barbieri set out to create a new, lighter aperitif.
But it was in the 1950s that the Aperol Spritz was born. Inspired by the ‘Spritzer ‘(German for splash), the perfect ratio of three parts Italian prosecco, two parts Aperol and a splash of soda water – this popular drink set the scene for every get together throughout Italy.
Here’s why you need to try it:
1. It’s stupidly easy to make-just look:
1. Just fill a large wine glass (around 420ml) with ice
2. Combine equal parts Italian Prosecco-and Aperol.
3. Add a splash of soda water
4. Finish with a wedge of orange to garnish
2. The colour alone will make you happy
Just look at this fiery thing and try and tell us you feel sad!
3. It tastes deeply delicious, like Summer
…plus, you get to feel very European.
4. The alcohol percentage is low
At around 11% alcohol, the Aperol Spritz is one of the lighter cocktails you could drink. A Negroni comes in at around 24%, while an Espresso Martini sits at around 34%.
5. You could win a double pass to the Australian Open!
Yes you can. Grab a mate and enjoy an Aperol Spritz this summer!
With every purchase of our Aperol and Prosecco Gift Pack, you’ll go in the draw to win 2 X TICKETS to the Australian Open to watch the women’s tennis final in Melbourne on the 26th January. Flights included for those not local, plus you’ll even get pre-game hospitality at Club Aperol…fancy.
All Packs include 700ml Aperol and 750ml Prosecco, so all you need to add is the soda water and enjoy!