Right, so the way-too-hectic holiday period is (thankfully?) over, the Australia Day long weekend is behind us, so you might finally have a chance to spend some nights in without feeling like you’re totally missing out on the best parties of the summer months. Are you exhausted? I’M EXHAUSTED. December and January can often feel like a social marathon, and while I love spending time with friends and family, I’m not gonna lie, ordering in a bottle of wine, crashing on the couch in my undies with a fan pointed directly at me and watching the best new shows streaming right now sounds PRETTY LIT. So here are the Jimmy Brings picks of the best sips to pair with your streaming for February.
True History of the Kelly Gang – Australian Beer
Streaming on Stan
Adapted from Peter Carey’s Booker Prize winning novel, this Australian original series has been hotly anticipated. It’s been quite divisive for reviewers, some finding it too gritty and violent, others revelling in the amazing cinematography and incredible Aussie and international cast.
Enjoy a good Aussie beer to go along with this story of an iconic Australian historical figure:
- Coopers Pale Ale Available nationwide
- Four Pines Pale Ale Available in Sydney
- Balter XPA Available in Perth, Gold Coast, Sydney Shire, Sunshine Coast, Parramatta
Sex Education Season 2 – White Wine
Streaming on Netflix
Season 1 of Sex Education was such a thirst trap full of cliff hangers, it’s going to be hard not to gobble season 2 up in one sitting. Pretty raunchy, extremely funny and very inclusive, this is sure to be a show everyone will be discussing around the water cooler now that people are finally trickling back into the office. It’s a great one to watch with friends, so you can all shriek with recognition of the awkward sexy times, or even with a partner – could start a fun game of ‘Never Have I Ever…’
Enjoy with a bottle of white wine, because this show gets pretty REAL!
- White Crumble Sauvignon Blanc Available in Sydney and Melbourne
- Jolly Trotter Pinot Grigio Available in Sydney and Melbourne
- Cat Amongst The Pigeons Riesling Available nationwide
Bojack Horseman Season 6 – Whiskey
Streaming on Netflix
Are you a grown adult human watching a cartoon about anthropomorphised animals that makes you cry and shudder with empathy? Me too, cool. Arguably, and improbably, one of the best animated series in decades, Bojack seems to be being more sincere in this season, if not more emotionally mature.
Drink whiskey along with Bojack, because this is the last season 😩.
- Jameson Irish Whisky Available in Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Gold Coast, Sydney Shire, Sunshine Coast and Parramatta
- Jack Daniels Whiskey Available nationwide
- Johnnie Walker Red Label Whisky Available nationwide
The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel Season 3 – Red Wine
Streaming on Amazon Prime
Season 3 of the aesthetically delicious The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel is dripping with the mid century decadence we’ve come to love from this series, but this time, they’re off to EUROPE! Mrs. Maisel is on tour, and her comic timing is not experiencing any jet lag.
The show feels as luxurious and indulgent as ever, which is why we recommend a luxurious and indulgent red wine to pair with it. Be careful though, you don’t want to spray shiraz out of your nose from laughing.
- Arcadian Tryst Shiraz Available in Sydney
- Ole Tepmranillo Available in Sydney, Melbourne and Sunshine Coast.
- Louis Latour Bourgogne Pinot Noir Available in Brisbane